SERVICE PROVIDER – MIQUILL CATERING - LEARN MORE HERE: MIQUILL CATERING
St Elizabeth’s School proudly support a Healthy Lifestyle encouraging our children to eat a balanced diet. School Meals are provided by Miquill Catering Services, with the Primary School Menu incorporating tasty home-cooked dishes from around the world whilst meeting Government nutritional guidelines.
Important information from Miquill regarding dietary requirements and allergens is available on their website (linked above) if your child requires a special menu please see the attached form: Special diet menu
The cost of a school lunch is £2.80 per day. Please ensure that credit is added to ParentPay prior to ordering school lunches as school are unable to offer any credit facility.
MENU AUTUMN TERM 2023
UNIVERSAL FREE SCHOOL MEALS
From September 2014 to date, all children within Reception Class, Year One and Year Two are entitled to receive a school meal – completely free of charge.
PUPIL PREMIUM / FREE SCHOOL MEALS
Where parents are in receipt of one or more of the benefits listed below, they can apply to join the Free School Meal Scheme. This enables your child to have a school meal every day completely free of charge.
- Child Tax Credit but do not receive Working Tax Credit with an annual income of less than £16,190
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance
- The Guarantee Element of State Pension Credit
- Support under part VI of the Immigration & Asylum Act 1999
- In receipt of the 4 week run of working tax credit (where someone has become unemployed or reduced their hours so is no longer entitled to working tax credit) or
- Universal credit (provided you have an annual net household income of no more than £7,400 as assessed by most recent earnings over 3 periods).
Additional Funding called Pupil Premium is given to school for all those children in receipt of Free School Meals. This funding enables our school to purchase additional resources, provide financial support towards school trips and employ additional staffing hours to help raise attainment levels.
Children in receipt of Free School Meals can enjoy a healthy nutritious lunch every day, saving parents time and money. St Elizabeth’s School would like to encourage all parents who meet the eligibility criteria to register a claim (even if you do not wish your child to have a school lunch), as the more people that are registered – the more Pupil Premium funding is awarded to school.
To apply for Free School Meals please follow the link https://www.gov.uk/apply-free-school-meals